Holiday Toxicity

During the holidays, it can be easy to dismiss simple things, such as tree ornaments and food, allowing your pet to have access to them. Unfortunately, it can be vital to understand the effects of holiday toxicity so your pet can stay safe. At Animal Hospital Of Union Grove, our veterinarian and the rest of our team in Union Grove, WI, are here to help. Our animal hospital will be with you every step of the way to provide safe and effective treatment for your pet if he is under distress.

Holiday Toxicity

Holiday Toxins or Dangerous Items to Watch for

Common holiday toxins include chocolate, tinsel, mistletoe, and poinsettias. Chocolate can cause severe issues in dogs. Tinsel is also dangerous for cats and dogs, as it can become tangled around the intestines and lead to serious health problems. Mistletoe may have toxic effects on multiple animals. The sap of poinsettias can problems in animals.

Other potential toxins or dangerous items include:

  • Alcohol
  • Grapes and raisins
  • Macadamia nuts
  • Onions and garlic
  • Xylitol

These holiday toxins and items can be dangerous if ingested, so it may be best to keep your pet away from them.

When to Visit a Veterinarian

A good way to keep your pet safe during the holidays is to prevent them from having access to potentially hazardous items, such as chocolate and mistletoe. However, if you think that your pet has ingested something toxic, it may be important to seek medical attention right away. The sooner you get treatment for your pet, the better their chances of recovery.

At Animal Hospital Of Union Grove, we understand how important your pet is to you. That's why we strive to provide pet care and treatment for your furry friend. If you're concerned that your pet may have ingested a holiday toxin, contact a veterinarian. We'll work with you to make sure your pet gets the help he needs.

Treatment for Poisoning

Once your pet has been examined by a veterinarian at our animal hospital, the vet will be able to help determine the best course of treatment. We may recommend different treatments depending on the type of toxin your pet ingested so it can be important to written or keep track of what has caused the symptoms in your pet.

Schedule Your Vet Care Today

If your pet is displaying symptoms of poisoning or you think they may have ingested a holiday toxin, contact us. Our veterinarians and experienced team are here to provide the help your pet needs. Contact us at Animal Hospital Of Union Grove in Union Grove, WI, today for more information about our services. Call us at (262) 878-3333 for more information.

Give us a call at (262) 878-3333 today!

Contact Us


Find us on the map