At the Animal Hospital of Union Grove, we understand families live, work and participate in as many activities as the breeds of cats and dogs we care for. It is because of that variety we tailor our wellness/vaccination visits around your own family and where your pet is in his/her life stage.
Did know dogs and cats have six life stages? They are puppy/kitten, junior, adult, mature, senior and geriatric. Dr. Ted will discuss with you your pet’s current life stage, and your family’s needs for your pet, to customize a plan that fits as well as your favorite sneakers, ballet flats, dancing shoes…..etc. You get the idea.
Keeping all that in mind, here are some questions Dr. Ted might ask.
- Do you travel with your pet?
- Do you board your pet or have your pet groomed?
- Is your pet around children/elderly/immune compromised family members daily?
- What do you feed your pet and (this is the important part) how much?
- Have there been any changes to your pet’s behavior?
- Have there been any changes in how much food/water your pet eats and drinks?
- Do you have any concerns or questions?
Please feel free to bring in a list. This is especially helpful if another family member can’t be there for the appointment. Please show Dr. Ted any photos or video recordings from your phone of lumps or bumps, skin issues or “weird” behavior.